Friday 22 June 2007

Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur

In 2007, I had a long weekend break from my work, so I flew to Kuala Lumpur. I had myself in many photos, so these are the photos that show the views. Anyway, Kuala Lumpur is really interesting country. Some areas may be a bit conservative due to religion. Travelers should know what people's cultures/religions are before you travel if you want to have a pleasant holiday in the country. Locals will appreciate this if you know how to respect them or even talk basic language. That is my advice.

Kuala Lumpur is in Southeast Asia. It is close to Thailand and Singapore which are around 1.5-3 hours depending on where you are at that time. If you plan to travel to Southeast Asia for many weeks. It is a good idea to combine a couple of countries if you wish. Unless you want to enjoy more places in  one country and you could come back to Southeast Asia next time.

If you are already in Asia, it is a good option to take a  low cost airline which is Air Asia. You can get some good deals from time to time but you have to watch that on the internet. I found a good combination of culture here and people are friendly. I would love to go back there and explore some more places in the future!

The Petronas Twin Towers taken from Renaissance Hotel 

The Petronas Twin Towers at night

Sultas Abdul Samad Builing




No comments:

Post a Comment